Taking the analogy of flight a bit further. Sometimes our journey has us in motion at high speed. But in the journey, we often have layovers and breaks when we are waiting for the next leg to begin. Don’t miss these moments of opportunity to refresh, gather new ideas, and to pursue the goals that God has placed in your heart. This is where I am. On route, yet waiting for the next plane to take off; or perhaps it is closer to the truth to say I am in flight, but discovering how to take this jet higher. Whichever it is, here are a few things I realize I need to do. I hope these might help someone out there, whether in the air, or on the ground refueling for take-off:
- Review your goals and vision in life, write them down and pray.
- Evaluate where you have been and where you are going.
- Give yourself grace, yet challenge yourself toward break-through.
- See what others are doing and learn.
- Don’t compare your lack to their success rather identify who you are
- Prioritize your goals and begin to take tangible steps toward accomplishing them… Prepare, Write, Produce, Pursue, Collaborate, Become
- Identify the risks you have avoided, pick one and take it.
- Ask not, “What can I accomplish, but how can I give."
- Remember Who your source is.
- Keep moving forward.
- Have Fun!
Wherever you are in the process, keep moving forward. Don’t let discouragement cloud your ability to see the next steps ahead. Realize you are not alone; for we all have next steps to take, but we need each other to help get our feet off the ground. As this helps you take flight, be sure to do something to help someone you know achieve greater heights.